Saturday 14 February 2009

Early in the Week

I pieced managed to piece 2 Dear Jane blocks this week.

red blocks

I did quite a bit of unpicking on the block on the right. I’d forgotten there were 3 different sized triangles & strangely enough when you try to sew it together with them in the wrong place it doesn't quite work.

I thought it might be a good idea to write a list of the UFO’s I’d really like to finish & a list of the things I plan to make this year. I’d wrote the list & found I had about 30 things I really wanted to finish & about 25 more I wanted to start. Oh dear!!!!

The first thing on the list was my red Crazy Heart Wallhanging. I started this in 2007. It took me just a day to finish the quilting & I planned to do the binding the next day. Then of course I decided to set that aside to start make some blocks for Jan Mac.

tabitha on the crazy heart

Here it is ‘put aside’, guess who was sprung minding it. Love the guilty expression.

I really should teach her to sew she’d be such a help.

With the weather being cold & wet this week Tabitha & Sybil have both decided they’d like to sleep in at night, on my bed of course.
It’s amazing how much space 2 little cats can take up.

No comments: