Thursday 5 February 2009

Thursday

Well not a lot of sewing today. I decided to pop out to Lincraft to check out the 1/2 price fabrics. I did really well, as you can see.
19 metres in all!!

 

lincraft

The top one will be the backing on a quilt I started last year.
The blue under it will be background fabric for the quilt I’m planning for ds#1, it’s a lovely bright sky blue. The others just go in the stash. I have to say they are all a lot richer & brighter than the pic shows.

It was just too hot to do anything that required much effort when I got home so I put on a Midsomer Murder & pieced another Dear Jane (Marple) block. I’ll start piecing the red & white monkey wrench tonight.

churn dash

A simple churn dash. I’m not sure if there is one in the original Dear Jane. My quilt is simply blocks I like drafted to 4 1/2”, some are from the Dear Jane, others wherever.

No comments: