Wednesday 4 February 2009

Wednesday

Red Delicious Day

I’m making two versions of the Red Delicious BOM. The first I started is a combination of needle-turn appliqué, blanket stitch appliqué & redwork. The 2nd is redwork on a white on white fabric.

redwork 1, 2

The first version was put on hold while I looked for some more reds, now I’ve added to the collection I can get stuck in. There seems to be quite a few red & white quilts popping up in the quilt magazines & I thought it would be easy to find some more reds. Wrong, when your only local choice is Spotlight you have to pick through the same old bolts that have been sitting there for years to find something.

Well I did get some work done to block one & I’ve vliesofixed & cut out all the components for block 2. I have to say I’m a little concerned about how I’m going to blanket stitch all the very pointy bits. I guess the answer is ‘very carefully.’

I didn’t get as much done as I’d hoped coz a friend rang for a big chat, so I think I’ll work on these blocks again tomorrow.

I also marked all the sewing lines on the monkey wrench block I cut out the other day & cut & marked a 2nd one. One to send & one to keep.

No comments: