Wednesday 11 March 2009

Quilt Pattern Search

I received a letter from a lady in Tasmania today, she is looking for a pattern for this quilt.

mum's

This quilt was made by my Mum & appeared in an article in Country Threads about 365 years ago. The article was about my Mum, dd Emma & me. It isn’t my design as the lady assumed, Mum made it from a pattern in an Oz quilt magazine. I’m pretty sure it was in Australian Patchwork & Quilting. This would be going back 8 or 10 or more years. Does anyone know the name of the quilt or better still which issue it was in so I can let this lady know. I’ve just spent an hour or so searching through old mags but I couldn’t find it. Mind you I did find a few things I’ve put aside for later. :-)

Now I’m pretty sure it was called ‘The Road to ?????.’ I’ve googled Road to California & Oklahoma but it’s neither of those.

If I can’t track it down I will go over to Mum’s & I can give the lady the size & details of the blocks. Hopefully that will be enough.

I’d appreciate any input on this, you can email me at:

mollyw14@gmail.com or leave a message in the feedback section.

Thanks!!!!!

No comments: