Sunday 26 February 2012

Finally December is done!!!!

row 1row 1 part 1row 1 part 2

I really thought when I decided to start in January I’d be able to catch up quickly. Boy did I get that wrong!!!! As you all already know, there’s a lot of work in this quilt. :-)

Anyway, I have put in a lot of work & I’m really enjoying it, so it’s all good.
I’ve had a lot of stress in my life lately, with no relief in sight, so this project has almost kept me sane!!!!

fabricsrow 2 blocks

Being OCD I love to have all my fabrics organised. I cut a bunch of squares so I had a stash. I’m hand piecing all the little sections that go between the blocks as I love to hand piece. I did machine on the long strips just so I could something finished!!!! I have already started on the January & February blocks, so hopefully I might catch up by the end of next month!!!

My fabric is from the Ruby range with a few Bliss & some other bits & bobs from my stash. I’ve had the most trouble finding the neutrals, luckily I had some, as they are a bit thin underfoot in the shops.

Sorry I haven’t been blogging lately but life has been shite!!!!! & if Istarted sharing what’s been happening I’d spoil my blog. I like to look at it to motivate me rather than remind me of the crap in my life. It won’t stop me having a whinge every so often but I’d rather not think about this stuff if I can help it. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!!!!

5 comments:

Cath said...

Sorry to hear things have not been so good. Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. On a positive note....your Some kind of Wonderful Quilt is looking amazing. Love the colours you have used.

Jennifer M. said...

Just keep telling yourself...."and this too shall pass" I hope things get better for you soon.

Your quilt is lovely. :)

Jen

Chookyblue...... said...

we can't control life just do the best you can..........your blocks look fantastic........

Marg said...

Life gets like that - sometimes you do have to have a whinge! Good luck with it all. Looking forward to hearing more about your reading - thoroughly enjoyed Death Comes to Pemberley. Loving your colours in SKOW. Take care and hope things get better.

Jenny said...

So sorry for your "troubles" and hope things get better soon. As you say, our sewing keeps us sane!