Wednesday 30 January 2013

Homemade Gifts

I only made two gifts this past Xmas, a pincushion for dd Emma & a bag for my lovely friend Pinky. I also made a bag for my dear friend Helen's January birthday.



The pincushion pattern is in Annie Downs book 'Some Kind of Wonderful.' 
I handpieced the whole thing. I tried machining the top & base to the embroidered section, but it didn't end well, lol. 





 The base.


I hoped Pinky, a US friend, would like this cute Aboriginal inspired fabric so I made a bag for her out of it. The fabric is much brighter than it looks in the pic.





I got this cute fabric at Spotlight last year. 
I made 2 identical bags, one for me & one for Helen. 
I'd seen a few pleated bags online & I really like them. I didn't have a pattern, so I made one up. I plan to make more pleated bags in different sizes.

1 comment:

Polly Dolly said...

Jan I have to say I love the pleated bag. The fabric is so pretty and vintage xx