Sunday 19 October 2014

Clare's Craft Challenge #2

This finish came down to the wire as I was waiting for a nice warm day to paint the chair. I did get it undercoated a couple of weeks ago, but the weather since has been cold with a lot of wet. Anyhoo yesterday was lovely & I got the 2 top coats on. Today I covered the cushion, yes I could have done that anytime but.........:-)

Here are the two challenge photos that Clare sent me:

Here's what I started with:

So here is my tah-dah, all done & I'm very pleased with it. I would have used the darker blue if I'd have any, but I'm on another challenge of using what I have, & this is the darkest blue I had in a sample pot. The blue flower is actually quite close to the blue grey, it looks brighter in the pic.


& yes even under the cushion is finished. :-)
It also kick started a lot of furniture painting because I have a stall at a car boot sale early in November, so this is my chance to hopefully clear a lot of excess stuff from the garage. I have a dream that one day I'll be able to park at least one car in the garage.

I will blog some furniture pics in the next week or so. Right now I have been nominated by my friend Abby:
http://quiltiverse.com/2014/10/its-my-turn-at-the-around-the-world-blog-hop/
to take part in the Around the World Blog Hop, so I have another post to write. If you would like to be nominated please let me know in a comment.

Don't forget to pop over to Clare's blog:
http://clarescraftroom.blogspot.com.au/
to check out the other challenge projects, I'm on my way now! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love, love, love the chair! It has turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for playing xx

Karen's Korner said...

WOW you have done wonders with your old chair. It looks great and I love the shade of blue that you2 used.