Well I’ve doing my usual & working on several things at once. I’m having difficulty concentrating at the moment, so I find it’s best to just flit from one project to the next, rather than trying to stick to one thing.
I’ve also had to be on hand to help with the humungous amount of homework Rowan is now bringing home in Year 7. I don’t even want to think about what it will be like as he progresses through high school. I’m trying to teach him to get stuck into everything when he gets it, rather than waiting until the last minute, like someone I can very closely relate to, lol.
I have a bit of a knitting bug at the moment. I really enjoyed making Simon’s beanie so I made another using the same pattern. I finished it & started another, a different pattern this time. Once it’s finished I will pull out the top I started last winter & try & get it finished. Then of course I should sew together the top I knitted the Winter before! Why do I always put off the sewing up bit? :-)
The fluffy edge gets sewn back to form the brim.
I really need longer needles, sounds like a trip to Lincraft is needed.
I just finished making this house block for my friend Lynne for her birthday. There are a group of us in the birthday block swap & we choose the block we would like. Lynne asked for us to make our house so I decided to make my dream house. It’s ‘loosely’ based on a house we looked at when we were house hunting in Melbourne last year. (see below) My dream house would of course have ivy growing all over it. As I was making it, it reminded me of the villas in ‘My Family & Other Animals.’
I’m also working on a sewing machine cover. I’m making a large cover to fit over the machine even when the sewing arm is in place.
The designs I’m using are from a yummy book I bought recently, called ‘Sew Pretty Homestyle.’ In the book the designs are used on a quilt. I’ve simply adapted the designs to suit my needs.
I’ve ironed the top onto pellon & have started the embroidery.
This section will form the sides & top of the cover. I’m doing a ‘quilt as you go system’ to sew the strips to iron-on pellon. I need to cut some more strips to cover the ends!
Close up of the ‘stripes.’
I also have to make some Birthday ATC’s. I cut out the cupcakes & just couldn't find the right background fabric. Today when I was looking for something else, I came across my collection of gingham. I think it looks just right.
This will turn into 9 ATC’s in the next couple of days so I will have a little stash of them to post.