Friday 27 October 2017

Some Bits & Bobs I've Been Making Part 1


I have been doing quite a bit of crocheting lately & here are some of the things I've made.



I was very excited with the news that my high school bestie Wendy's daughter was expecting her first child. I couldn't miss an opportunity to make something, so I asked if she would prefer pastels or brights. Pastels please! & she sent a pick of a beautiful ripple blanket in these exact colours. I did plan on making the ripple rug, & I did start it, but for some reason I just kept losing the plot with the pattern so in the end I threw in the towel & decided to go with a simple corner to corner rug. I felt it was probably the best option if the rug was to be finished this decade! Sometimes my brain just doesn't co-operate & this was one of those times. I used Patons 4 ply pure Merino wool, I'm old fashioned & like to use natural fibres for babies. It was lovely & soft & drapes beautifully.








I found a few odd granny squares I'd made & realised they'd make a great base for a vintage basket I take to my craft group. I joined them up added a border & voila!



An infinity scarf crocheted with a pretty variegated yarn.


'Betty' the Yarndale mascot & she couldn't have a better name. My Mum is Betty, & she taught me to knit & sew so I just loved it when I first saw Betty on Lucy's blog. 
Here is the link to Betty & the pattern to crochet her:
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/woolly-sheep.html


Lucy's seaside bag, I really am a Lucy groupie aren't I?

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/weekend-bag.html

The bag above I made in Spotlight's Marvel 12 ply yarn & it worked well. 
The bag below is made using the yarn supplied in the kit from Wool Warehouse. It is a fabulous bag, just the right size, I use mine a lot & plan to make a few more in different colours.



A scarf I made for Emma, I forgot to take a pic after I finished blocking it. Doh!




I crocheted up a bunch of flowers & decorated a pair of IKEA scuffs, an IKEA cushion cover with them. These were a birthday gift for a dear friend.

This is where i found the pattern : 

http://sillyoldsuitcase.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/diy-crochet-mini-flower-garland-in.html







 I love making & using pure cotton facecloths. 
I use Mornington yarn & do a simple corner to corner (C2C) pattern. 


A phone cover I whipped up for a friend. She loves pink!


A cowl I made for Emma.


A heart brooch for a friend.


Loving the beautiful hearts that popped up on Lucy's page for Yarndale this year.



Slouch beanies I make for my vintage stall Carry On Vintage at 1546 Vintage in Tyabb.


2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh they look great you have been busy....

Jan Quigley said...

Thank you Chookyblue! It's been a long cold winter here in Melbourne so I spent quite a lot of time crocheting. I just need to photograph the other things I've made. :-)