Monday 7 November 2011

October Books

Quite a lot of reading in October, adding up to quite a lot of late nights.

october

I’ve read the “Doctor’ books quite a few times over the years & they never fail to make me laugh. I had to do a book review when I was at school & whereas the others were reviewing children’s books, I chose Doctor in the House. I read out a section that in retrospect probably was not overly appropriate, but when I read it out to dad, he roared laughing so that was good enough for me.

Mum loved watching Peyton Place so my sister & I had to be in bed before it started. I always wondered what it was about so when I saw the book in my fave vintage shop I knew I had to read it. I really enjoyed it & I’d like to see the original movie rather than the series.

dot.homme was about the new trend of internet dating & was a good fun book with some serious issues too.

I really enjoyed A Crowded Marriage, there were some very funny bits. I woke dh up several times as I burst out laughing as I read it.

No comments: