Wednesday, 23 November 2011

I finished something. :-)

shelf 1

I bought these pine shelves last year so it was time I did something with them.

shelf 2

I pushed the back off, it was stapled with just a dab of glue so that was easy. I marked the back before I pushed it off but I needn’t have bothered as it has discoloured, so it was easy to see the sections.

shelf 3

A couple of coats of white paint.

shelf 4

I’m not a scrapbooker but I bought a pad of scrapbook paper thinking it might come in handy for something. I cut the paper to size & glued it to the backing with a Blustick.

shelf 7

I’d left the staples in place & the back just pushed straight back onto the shelves.

shelf 5

This cute bunting comes from a blog I follow, lucky I remembered it.  I resized it as I wanted it smaller & printed it out.

Here’s the link if you’d like some cute bunting too:

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2011/03/download-a-free-printable-to-make-some-weefolk-bunting.html

shelf 6

I glued it to some candlewicking cotton.

shelf 8

I used double sided tape to attach the bunting to the shelves.

I’m not sure what I’ll put in them yet, I’ve hung them on the dining room wall. I’ll be Xmas decorating next week, NEXT WEEK, bloody hell who stole 2011, lol. Yes well I’ll put some Xmassy things in the shelves when I decorate & worry about something more permanent next year.

4 comments:

Polly Dolly said...

Jan I love it, it's so pretty. You have inspired me to make a start on my furniture xx

Bev said...

What a great idea. It is so pretty, and I just love it. Good choice of colours.. Be well and stay happy.

Ready to Assemble Cabinets Los Angeles said...

Looks very simple and beautiful in bright colors too.But when I try my hands on the concept and the design I do not know how far it is going to be easy.

Jan Quigley said...

Thanks Claire, sometimes it's just hard to get started!
Thanks Bev, I've been seeing quite a bit of aqua & red online & I just love it.
& yes it was 'very' simple & easy to do. The shelves aren't very big, only 23" x 15" so they were easy to work with.