Saturday 3 January 2009

New Beginnings

Well so much for keeping a blog!!!! It's been a while since I last posted but I plan to actually achieve lots of sewing this year & keeping track of it here.
First I'll post a few pics of things I made for my dear friend Pinky.

chooksachet

Pinky has a soft spot for chooks though being an American she didn’t actually know they are called chooks here in Oz.

chooksachetinside

The sachet is designed to hold needles, scissors & a pins.

pinky necklace

  I’ve only done a little beading though I’ve made
this necklace several times as gifts.

pinkyscissorfob A simple scissor fob with Pinky’s initials.

BIRTHDAY SWAPS

I’m in a couple of birthday swaps this year, The first is a block swap.

buttonzblock

Leween has asked for a red & white block, any size, any colour. Leween loves redwork so this block jumped into my head. The pattern is from an old magazine. I resized it to a 12” block.
I cut double so I can make the block for myself too.

buttonzblockcentre

A close-up of the centre.

The 2nd Birthday swap I’m in is an ATC swap.

jan1st

Two ladies had birthday’s on Jan 1 & this is their ATC’s.

No comments: