Friday 10 December 2010

Colourful Friday – Christmas colours

I actually missed last week’s colourful Friday post, & teal is one of my fave colours, coz I couldn’t find the camera, grrr!!!
Oh well, at least I have for the final colourful post of the year.

I’ve already shown my Chrissy deckies on my blog but I’ll show my tree again & ask if you like my tree to please visit this site & vote for it:

http://www.lifestylechannel.com.au/christmas/ratemytree/browse.aspx

It’s under J. Quigley, Langwarrin. It’s probably quickest to find it by hitting ‘control f’ & typing in Quigley.

tree lit

emma's tree

This is dd Emma’s tree. They moved into their new home just last Saturday & the first thing she did was put up the Christmas tree. That’s my girl!!!! :-)

Some pics from last year, it was our 18th Christmas in the old house.

tree village

Our Lemax village & my little tree, the deckies are all handmade from swaps with friends.

glasshouse

My favourite Lemax building.

piano

Our lovely old piano, we sold it before we moved. 
Hopefully it’s has lovely deckies on it in it’s new home.

window

quilts

I tend to go through stages with Christmas. Some years I love it & others not so much. This year is a love year. Finally we are living close to dd Emma after being 1000kms away for 8 years, we have a lovely new house to decorate & new shops to do our Christmas shopping in. The one thing that would make it perfect would be having ds Simon here too, but he now lives in Canada so popping home for Christmas is not so easy. We were lucky to have him home for a surprise visit in January, the first time I’d seen him for 2 years!!!!

Thanks to Robyn for hosting ‘Colourful Fridays’ I look forward to it resuming in the new year. :-)

Btw, my fave Christmas carol is ‘The 12 Days of Christmas.’

12 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Your white tree with teal decorations is gorgeous! Though we haven't put up a Christmas tree for the past three years - our children don't come home for Christmas anymore - I don't think I'd be able to convince anyone in our family to agree to those colors. You see, my parents owned a cut-your-own Christmas tree farm, so GREEN and REAL are the only terms associated with our Christmas trees! But thank you for letting me enjoy yours, and all your beautiful decorations. You have certainly "decked the halls!" I hope you get your "partridge in a pear tree" too!

RG said...

Oh Jan, your Christmas post is beautiful and yes I can see how you love teal, it shows on your lovely tree.
Your home is a Christmas wonderland...
Beautiful!

Enjoy your Christmas this year near your daughter.. and I hope it's very special!!!

Ho ho ho!!
Christmas hugs
Robyn xx

Bev C said...

Merry Christmas Jan, Just love all your decorations. Hope your day is extra special.
Happy Colourful Friday.
Bev.xoxo

Karen said...

Great Christmas decorations in both the old and new house. Love the colours.
Good luck, too, with the Christmas tree votes.
It is hard having family overseas at this time. But I am pleased that you are near your daughter this year for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jan! I agree with Robyn, your house is a Christmas wonderland, so beautiful. I'm having a not-so-much year this year *smile* toni xxx

Melody said...

A wonderful post, your tree is so lovely

Carol said...

Love the trees. Good for your daughter. The quilt is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your trees and the quilt.
Wishing you a very Happy Merry Christmas :-)
HO HO HO
Annette

Anita said...

Hi Jan, It doesn't take much to get sparked up about Christmas does it! I love your Christmas tree. Kind regards, Anita.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jan, Merry Christmas to you and your family. I voted for your very lovely Magical Tree. Your blog is lovely. I discovered it from my friend's blog Bev. Hugs Judy

Pam said...

Merry Christmas Jan....love your beautiful Christmas tree!

Lois said...

I just love colorful Friday and seeing different blogs and the beautiful posts. Your home looks so festive and cheerful. I too would have a hard time getting any one to go any color but traditional but loved your beautiful teal and white tree. Merry Christmas. Love Lois