Monday 2 February 2009

Monday

With Rowan off to at camp this week I’m going to get stuck in & achieve heaps this week. I hope. :-)

year 7 camp

Well at least it won’t be cold in the tents with the weather we’re expecting.

 

movie title

First I planned to finish this set of ATC’s.
I nearly finished, then I ran out of green cotton for the edging.
The theme was ‘Fave Movie Title.’ I bet you can guess the movie. The little white blobs are meant to be sheep. I love this film & there is a family history. My Uncle’s family owned the land & still ran sheep on it after ‘The Dish’ was built.

 

dragonfly

I made 2 of these dragonfly ATC’s, one to send for a Birthday swap, the other to add to my collection.

 

janmac block

I also cut out a red & white monkey wrench block for a Birthday swap. It was only after I cut it out I realised it was for a 12 1/2” finished block & I needed a 12” finished block. I usually draft my own patterns & handpiece but I thought this time I would choose a block from ‘Around the Block’ & just cut it out to machine piece. I should have paid more attention to the finished size. So now I’ve drafted the block & will mark the pieces & hand piece. I’m just glad I realised before I sewed it together!!!

Tomorrow I’ll be working on my French bag, it’s absolutely yummy!!!!

No comments: