Tuesday 17 May 2011

Definition of Confident

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Definition of Confident

Rowan mentioned in passing that this Thursday the kids will either be teaching or learning something new at school. Sounds cool, suggested things to teach or learn, knitting, sewing, crochet etc.

Today Rowan tells me he’s signed up to ‘teach’ knitting. Well he did learn to knit at the Voldemort School, no that’s not right, he did learn to knit at the schoolthatwillnotbenamed, but this was 7 years ago. Proficient is not a word I would use to describe his knitting at the time. He did produce a dirty cream article that he told me ‘It’s a sheep Mummy, can’t you tell???’ Of course I could tell, especially after he told me.

Then we get to the best bit, so Mum can you teach me to knit after school tomorrow, Wednesday, so I’m ready to teach on Thursday.

Yeah we’ll see how we go. Pity I don’t drink, I think a glass of something may be the best way to start the lesson.

2 comments:

Julie said...

It speaks volumes of his opinion of your teaching abilities, or his vague memory of actually learning to know at theschoolthatwillnotbenamed!!

Julie said...

That should be 'knit' not 'know'